Contact: 808.589.1829 Ext. 200
School Success Program (SSP)
Hale Kipa’s School Success Program is a one-on-one mentoring / tutoring / support service on Kaua‘i designed to meet the educational needs of youth, and to inspire them in lifelong learning. The goal of this program is to determine the most appropriate educational path for each youth and support them in that pursuit.
Youth can enroll in the School Success Program through self-referral, by the request of Family Court, Department of Education, or another social service agency.
Population and Eligibility Criteria
Youth who have been suspended or are at risk of being suspended, are having current educational challenges and/or who have dropped out of school.
Hale Kipa currently offers the following educational paths:
GED / HiSET
For youth who are ready to pursue a GED or HiSET, we assist them with studying for the specific tests with the tools provided by the McKinley School for Adults. (Ages 16 through 21)
Assistance with job applications and placement.
Assistance for students ready to make up missed school credits. We help them enroll in credit recovery through their school and offer support as they work toward their goal. (Any age)
• Youth completes suspension term
• Youth / family achieves goals
• Youth no longer eligible for services
• Referring agent removes youth from the program
Youth and Family Responsibilities
• Participate in program
• Participate in individualized service plan
• Participate in program activities
• Attend homework and tutoring support to stay afloat academically
• Comply with school rules/conditions regarding suspension
• Education and Homework Support
• Case Management